Activites to do with 27 month old.

He can't sit still, for anything!! What are some things you do with your kids. I try to work with him on colors, and pictures things like that but he can't sit long enough or even care to read a book!! I feel like I'm not teaching him anything!! :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• don't feel bad..my daughter is a little jumping bean too...can't sit still for anything..she'll be 3 in August. My daughters fave thing is to strip down butt naked and finger paint in the backyard..now that it's warm enough we can do that...we fill up her little pool, use washable paints and she goes to town. Little ones that age need to be outside and get fresh air...usually after a hard outside play, she will sit still on the couch and we go over a couple alphabet exercises...don't expect too much out of a 2 year old..they're still just babies...them being happy is the most important thing. They grow up too fast. good luck!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• p.s....the finger/body painting is a GREAT way to work on colors...colors can be taught with anything..in the tub, driving around, painting, etc...same thing with letters and numbers :) just have fun!!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Good idea!!!!!!!!! I will get some finger paints tonight!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Talk about colors wherever you are - at the grocery store, out in the yard, etc. With sidewalk chalk you could do colors, numbers, and letters out on the driveway or street (if it's not busy, our isn't) Colors and numbers are easy to find fun ways to teach! With books, have you tried books where he has to do something? (lift a flap, texture books, etc.) But other stuff - I give mine a paintbrush and a bucket of water and let him "paint" the deck, he barely gets done and the first part is ready to be "painted" again. He likes to "cook", we make edible playdough and I let him help me make pizzas for lunch out of whole wheat english muffins, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices.

Answer by missanc at 2:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2011