Where to start-- potty training

My son is 27months and likes to sit on the potty and pee before and after the bath. but I have no clue where to begin on getting him fully potty trained. He still has diapers but I got him pullups and big boy underwear, but when he wears them he pees on the floor, even if I ask him a millin times if he has to pee. Where to start and what to do..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Theres lots of good books out there.Check out amazon.com for some potty training books for boys. I got one off there for my daughter and it has been so helpful.She is just about fully potty trained..just waiting on her to be able to sleep without a diaper.Other than that shes in panties,even when we go out somewhere.
    You can try doing potty training sessions..so its less stressful on you and your son.Start by doing one hour a day with underwear on.Encourage him to drink somethign during this time to make sure he has to go.He WILL have accidents at first.WHen he starts becoming successful in that hour of going to the potty on his own,stretch the time a little longer that he has the underwear on.Don't go on trips with just underwear until he can stay dry at home, it will just be too stressful for the both of you.Oh yeah..and the potty time video and book is great for kids to watch! Good Luck!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2011