How do i displine my son with odd who just hit a girl at school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would take away a favorite toy for a week. Also, if you have a father-figure, send the two off for a long talk/lecture about respecting women and not raising voices, hitting, or pushing.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I wouldn't. I would address the situation without discipline - assuming this is the first time. In fact we just had a biting issue in our home. I sat my son down and explained to him how it hurts and why we should not harm others. He understood and took it upon himself to apologize.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I would talk with him and explain why it is not ok and then tell him what the consequences will be if it happens again. Also make sure he has apologized to her.
    Madelaine

Answer by Madelaine at 3:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• have a talk, listen to his side of the story, and explain why he should not hit others.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• How old is he?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Explain why it is hurtful to bite, that you will not tolerate in the future, and that he needs to appologize.
    elijahsmama09

Answer by elijahsmama09 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If he has a diagnosis of ODD, he must have a therapist. Ask him how to handle it. A lot depends on his age, severity of his problems, and how often and serious the hitting is.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I would ask a professional
    iam4you2

Answer by iam4you2 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I would ground him and also make sure he knows why we don't hit and have him apologize to the girl.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Have him write an apology and explain to him why we don't hit.
    AllThatBabyJazz

Answer by AllThatBabyJazz at 8:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011