Feeling bad

So we have a pool. On that has a ring and you fill up with water about 3 and half feet deep. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and its really hard for me to get in and out of the pool and it kinda hurts my muscles in my belly trying to get over the top of the ladder. I'm miserable because i'm so far along and its hot out and I cant swim in our pool to cool off. My husband feels bad when he gets in and plays with our daughter because he knows I cant and that I want to. I dont let on how miserable I actually am about this and how jealous I am that they get to cool off and play. I've tried explaining to him that he shouldnt feel bad about it and that its fine. He tells her no sometimes when she wants to swim because he feels bad for me and I dont want to deprive her of playing in the pool just because I'm miserable and he feels bad about it. How else can I explain it to him? How can i stop feeling so miserable and jealous that they get to swim when I cant because it hurts to get over the ladder?

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 2:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell him that you will soon be able to join in and he has no reason to feel bad, it's good for them to bond too. Maybe you can just try and remember that you are SO close to almost being able to get in the pool again and its just a matter of time. Try and just sit back and relax under the cooler knowing that it won't be long until your all able to play together again.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Just think about that little angel you will have in your arms soon, that would make me forget the pool even exists lol.

VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 2:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Ever tried playing up under the water hose? That is what I had to do, sounds kind of childish but I tried anything to be cool. I hated being pregnant in the summer months.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Is there maybe a different kind of ladder you all could get to help you get in? Or is it the actual climbing the ladder in general that gives you pains? Playing in the sprinkler is a great idea! Your daughter would have fun and your hubby would be happy seeing you able to cool off and joining in the fun. Or you could get one of those smaller baby pools and set it up next to the big pool. :)
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• maybe just explain that till u have the baby your daughter shouldnt miss out swimmin just think of it as some extra time with her that he wont get to have alot of when the baby comes just to make it easier and once the baby come you all will be playing alll in the pool in do time ...he shouldnt feel to bad just enjoy the time now with his daugher and maybe try and splash mommy to cool her off making it a game ....just a thought
    momof3ohboy

Answer by momof3ohboy at 4:22 PM on Jul. 8, 2011