Completely confused! should i get a new dr?

i had some bad braxton hicks last night and a few this morning and called my dr. She had me come in for a stress test which showed i wasnt having real contractions and took a swab of my cervix to make sure im not going to go into premature labor. she also made me give a urine sample for the second time to see if i have a bladder infection that can also cause crampin which came back negative last time. She said no excercising this week and to take it easy and rest but i can do everything im supposed to at work ( i.e freight lifting cleaning running back a forth etc. and standing on my feet for 8.5 hour shifts)and i need to come in for another stress test next week. does this sounds right? im really confused if im supposed to be relaxing and taking it easy how can i continue to be working normally? should i see another dr?I am 25 weeks and have been having braxton hicks and cramping since 12 weeks. At my 1st ultrasound i had a little bit of placenta tearing that was fixed by my next appointment. I have scoliosis and this is my 3rd pregnancy so its twice as hard on my body not to mention i work as an assistant manager in retail so im on my feet 35 hours a week. My manager pretty much told me unless i have a dr note i have to do everything in my job description including freight and floor changes. at the end of every shift i can barely walk my back and hips are in so much pain. My last pregnancy i went a few weeks early and i wasnt working but i was taking care of my son who was then 2. Now being the only one working and taking care of my hsuband and now 4 year old son and making sure my house is in order im afraid im going to have this baby too early. I also have a little bit of asthma and ive been having trouble breathing since 3 or 4 months. ive explained all this to my dr at every monthly check up and all ive gotten was a maternity belt and an inhaler. i dont know where to go from here but i dont want to have my daughter prematurely

jaismama

Asked by jaismama at 2:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Many ladies continue working full time through pregnancy. I think if she was really worried she would have you on some type of bedrest/ modified bed rest. It really doesn't sound that abnormal, I don't see a reason to change doctors.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Ask her for a note explaining that you should not be lifting, no strenuous activities etc. Did you tell her what your job requires?? Tell her to write the note. As far as looking for another DR. She sounds like she is doing the right testing for your welfare & the babies. Get the note & bring it to work. What is the big issue with getting a note at 25 weeks??? Call the office today & tell her your employer is requesting it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• what state do you live in ? I work in retail as well and during my pregnancy my manager was very leniant but I know that by California law they have to have a stool by the register and if any employee feels tired or not feeling good they have the right to sit down. It might help I am assistant manager as well and i know it can be tiring standing up eight hours while being pregnant
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i live in illinois. i get in trouble if im in the back sitting down too much i have to be on the floor and am frequently scheduled alone in the store anywhere from 30 minutes up to 2.5 hours. they dont need to have a stool or anything by the register and unless i have a drs note stating restrictions i pretty much have no choice but to do everything and anything in my job description including the entire floor set change today and tomorrow
    jaismama

Comment by jaismama (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Not sure why you haven't gotten a note yet then. If you are in fact having contractions and are worried about going into preterm labor then why not get the note? Stop lifting things. Standing on your feet to work is fine unless dr says that isn't ok too but it sounds fine. If she wants you to relax then you need to not stress your body.
    mrspnut82

Answer by mrspnut82 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2011