Birthday dilemma, how would you handle it??

My friends and I are meeting for dinner Thursday for my birthday. Since we are such a big party (18+ people) the restaurant is making us do a preset menu. A preset menu is whn they give you a small menu of options like only 3 different appetizers, entrees, dessert. And you basically pay a flat rate per person and they get a 3 course meal. This will help the kitchen get our meals together faster and eliminate guess work on the bill later when we pay since we cant split the bill up too much. The thing is it's a somewhat expensive place in Hollywood and so the rate can be anywhere from $35-$75 per person. Most of my friends are familiar with this kind if thing and have the money but a few don't. How should I approach the friends that don't about this? I would choose another restaurant but most restaurants in my area are like this unless they are low end. For my bday every year I always put my friends first and it usually wasn't what I wanted to do, it wasn't a great Time or it was ruined by a drunk friend. So this year I want to do what I want to do fo once and although I feel bad for the friends that might have to drop out i dint want to change it either. What would you do?? I feel kind of weird about having a base amount for everyone to pay, it's kind of weird to me. But like I said in this area and types of people it's pretty normal for this type if thing and there's really no way around it

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 2:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Well it's sweet your thinking of your friends but at the end of the day it's your day & you do what your going to enjoy & have fun. just let everyone know on time what restaurant you picked to go to for YOUR birthday & let them know the price & who ever makes it makes it & that's that. Enjoy your day!! =)
    VanillaBlondie8

Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Just let them know the cost of the evening when you provide the invitation. Then they can decide whether or not to join you.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 2:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Tell everyone ahead of time what he estimated cost is - they can decided whether they can afford it or not. I would say to meet for drinks afterwards for those that can't afford the whole meal event. That way they are still included in your night.
    chrys45

Answer by chrys45 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I would just say "some friends are meeting out for dinner at such and such a place, would love for you to be there, the pre-set meal will run about $75 per person... please rsvp by this day"
    Anonymous

• let them know the price and they will tell you if its too much and if it is maybe see if you guys can get together over the weekend and do something more in there price range that way they dont feel left out
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 2:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011