What do you think of an "open relationship"

my friend and her husband have an open relationship. they sleep with whomever and dont care. i think its weird. although i did sleep with him while i was drunk... i dont remember it though.... hhhmmmm...... whats your opinion?

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Well you slept with your friends husband what about that isn't weird
    Eisleysmommy27

Answer by Eisleysmommy27 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I think "why bother being married or in a relationship if you're going to sleep with other people". But hey, none of my buisness.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My opinion of open relationships or you sleeping with him while drunk?
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 2:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• To each there own...I was a swinger,but that was when I was single. I could NEVER do that with or without my SO present.
    Anonymous

• it is a little wierd but u hear about that all the time.i almost did that a few years ago but didnt go through with it
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I think its stupid.. Why would you want to be intimate with someone who wants to be intimate with other people. A "RELATIONSHIP" to me.. is where two people love one another and want to spend their lives together.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Umm....I don't get why they got married in the first place? Why not have their "open relationship" and leave marriage out of it? I mean, people can whatever kind of relationship they want to have, but getting married seems like a waste of time to me. It kind of degrades the name of marriage.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I prefer them. I was in one prior to meeting my husband and it was wonderful. My husband on the other hand is the kind that after 5 years of marriage still covers himself if I walk in the room while he's changing, so he simply won't do that kind of thing, he's to embarrassed. But I've tried to encourage it over the years. I would love to have that kind of relationship again, IMO, it's the only problem with our marriage. My husband is my perfect match in almost every way - accept the bedroom, and he isn't willing to experiment, AND I think that goes both ways... So it would be nice to have the ability to have a girlfriend, but he's not comfortable with it, so I don't.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I believe in those type of relationships it's more about sex...sex can be just sex and not have any emotional involvement. There are usually rules they agree upon. I think they are free to get whatever it is they lack in the bedroom but in the end they are together and get everything else they need from each other.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I couldn't do an "open" relationship. The thought of my SO's parts touching another person makes me nausous, and I would constantly be worried about herpes and other STD's.

No thanks.

I actually would not be able to sleep with my husband again if he touched another woman. . . it would be over.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2011