Ideas for a babies first birthday....I can use all the advice i can get thanks!!!

My DD's 1st birthday is september 23rd and have family that would like to come but have to travel so i would like to plan now but knowing my in Laws they won't have it at my home (they are the ones who have to travel 2 hours) and expect all our friends and family to travel to them (atleast 20 people who can only take a half day from work) so i was thinking of outdoors since it is usually warm still and she loves the outdoors ...................so any ideas cake decorations anything

krissii

Asked by krissii at 2:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• for a 1 year old...I suggest only close friends and family...I wanted to go all out for my daughter and Im glad I didn't..she needed her nap about half way through..if you're doing it just for you guys to have extended family and friends over, then that's fine. but for a baby, it gets very overwhelming. WE had a little cake for her, lots of balloons, which she loved to look at and just hung out with the family that she is very close to :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 2:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My youngest sons first birthday will be September 22! :)
    Think of a theme and go from there.
    My daughters first birthda I did everything pink & princess.Crowns,princess cake,pink streamers,balloons etc. It was simple,but there were a ton of people here.We served chili cheese dogs,sloppy joes and a ton of sides that I don't remember (shes two now..her 2nd bday was Minnie Mouse..that was awesome!)
    Have fun!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Not sure what I'm doing when Abbi turns 1
    BlakeAbbimommy

Answer by BlakeAbbimommy at 2:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• lady bugs, butterfly, princess, flowers or anything she likes to play for cake decorations. I did cupcakes for my DD's first. I made her a "giant cupcake" cake for the smash cake and fancy cup cakes for everyone else
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 3:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• This birthday is for you to celebrate one year of being a mom too as well ws her being on this earth for 12 months. Plus she is very little and when she is 4 or 5 or 6 she won't remember being 1 so anything you decide to do will be just perfect! Have fun! go with it and enjoy your beautiful bundle of joy!!
    Wanabmommy

Answer by Wanabmommy at 4:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011