What if you feel you are lost from God, how do you find your way back?

mmnjp03

Asked by mmnjp03 at 2:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Talk to him... He listens all the time.. to everyone. You are never lost in his eyes.. just your own....
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:06 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• If you feel that you are drifting...then you probably are. Maybe you are making some choices that you feel are wrong....maybe you don't feel like you are on the right track. The best thing that you can do is surround yourself with fellow christians, pray and talk to him.
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 3:41 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Everyone finds God in their own time. Or they never find him at all. I was raised Catholic but my faith faded over the years. It wasn't until I lost my daughter that my faith solidified.
    kellietinsley

Answer by kellietinsley at 5:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Always remember that even though we might feel lost from God he is never lost from us. God is patient and is right there waiting with his arms out for you to run back to Daddy God. Often we are rebellious children and that is when the enemy sticks his foot in the door and tells us we are not worthy, or God can never love us again after what we did. REMEMBER those are LIES of the enemy. Gods truth is that HE accepts you just as you are and loves you. Run to Him He is waiting.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 10:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Wow, that is a on going cycle when in a trial. The best thing to do is read the word. Even when we don't know what to pray we can stumble across someone in the bible in a similar situation. We all fall short. But God never does, he's always listening always watching and always loving. Remeber this he knows where you are at all times in your walk with him don't beat youself up or let your emotions get in the way of what you know that his word says. Whe your emotions come in they tend to lead you in a way that is not always godly because it is simply a feeling. Our time is not God's time.
    God Bless

God Bless
    FanofJesus

Answer by FanofJesus at 11:37 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• It happens to everyone at some time or another when you feel like you've drifted away from God. The good thing is, God tells us in His Word he will never leave us nor forsake us!! Read the parable of the Prodigal Son!! God's arms are always open, just talk to him, ask him for forgiveness and get in His Word!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:39 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I find that when I start to drift, all I have to do is talk to Him. He doesn't go anywhere, we are the ones that do. Read the Bible or talk to other Christian's about Him. You will find Him again.
    Susan0976

Answer by Susan0976 at 11:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• What has really helped me is getting invovled with a group of ladies. I need that accountability. Also changing what music I'm listening to. I find when I'm drifting just turning on the CCM more helps a lot. People would tell me "read the bible". I knew I had to but a part of me just didn't feel like it. Sometimes you just have to do it anyway, after a bit you begin to feel renewed and revived again. Be honest with God. He already knows your drifting. He won't force you back but he will gently draw you back :) He loves you!
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 12:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• PM'd you :)
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 1:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• often the reason we feel lost from god it is because their is a sin in their life that they have not forgiven themselves for. if that is the case. please pm me I have been through that and may be able to help.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 3:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2008