Depression and Anxiety anyone?

I've never in my 23 years of life had a point where I just didn't feel like myself until recently. I have been battling being sick for a few years and just had surgery in oct. to remove my gal bladder and help me get healthy again. However, as soon as I started feeling good I took a turn for the worse and got sick again, which sent my emotional state into a downspiral. I found myself feeling like I wanted to run around the block but couldn't find the energy to actually get off the couch to do that. I was crawling inside my skin, shaking back and forth. I couldn't concentrate. I felt weird, like I was stoned all the time but I hadn't smoked anything! It was so strange. I felt distant and like I was in a cloud. I just wanted to shake my head really hard and make it all go away. Has anyone else felt like this? Is anyone else taking anything to help deal with these issues? I am currently on celexa and it has started to help.

momofkearra

Asked by momofkearra at 7:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Health

• Hey there...first of all, I want you to know that I was/am going through the same stuff...my gallstones caused me to go into a coma for 2 months, hospitalized for 4, lost all my hair, and tons of more stuff...anyway...I am on Cymbalta...and I feel like you do all the time :(
    sometimes it helps me if I just get out of the house and run...it may sound weird...especially since Im soooo NOT athletic...but seriously when the stress hits the fan or when Im just super duper down...it helps.
    :)
    RockabillyRagz

Answer by RockabillyRagz at 9:28 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I use to take Lexapor for Depression, but instead now I am going to the gym. I know what you are going through because I have been there. I hope you get through this and wish you luck
    determind

Answer by determind at 8:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I'm glad you're being treated. Sometimes it takes quite a bit of stress for depression or anxiety to show up.
    PamJM

Answer by PamJM at 9:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008