Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Should I ask for a divorce?

I caught my husband cheating on me for the 5th time. He had 67 porn pictures bookmarked on his phone. A month ago, I caught him having cyber sex with women on MyYearbook. The time before that he felt up a girl and kissed one of his friends, while drinking, in front of me. The other two times were before we married. I have tried to be forgiving, but I feel I'm doing it for my daughter and financial reasons instead of truly wanting to be with him. I don't have family where I live in Texas. My nearest relatives are in Wisconsin. I have 3 years left in college and I make $550 before taxes monthly. Our bills run us about $1300 monthly. I feel that if we get a divorce, I will not be able to support myself without giving up my education and future. Should I divorce over cyber sex and porn pictures? Or should I forgive him because it wasn't in real life?

Answer Question

Asked by mariahrodriguez at 2:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

Level 2 (8 Credits)
Answers (18)
  • Thats only a choice you can make, Why can;t you move where you have family? you can transfer your credits and put his butt on CS!

    Answer by happymama02 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • Wow, I think you should be the judge of what you want to do with your marriage, apparently this man is disrespectful and not to be trusted regardless of cyber sex or not. You would probably be entitled to alimony and child support which would help if you decide to end it.

    Answer by older at 2:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • So basically u want permission to stay with your husband because u can't afford to live on your own. He is cheating, he is a pig, but if u want to put up with his crap, go ahead. I, would demand a divorce and suck his ass dry.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • I think you should make a plan like checking into transferring school and moving near family and seriously consider at least a separation.  He will have to pay CS and probably alimony at least until you graduate.


    Answer by Dahis at 3:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • I don't know if it's legal to move out of state with my daughter. I've heard stories from friends about parents receiving custody after the other parent moved out of state without consent. My husband would not consent to my daughter moving away with me to Wisconsin. My family in Wisconsin would only be able to provide me with a home. I would still have to drop out of school to get a full time job. I think in Texas you have to be married 10 years to get spousal support. I don't know how it works with affairs, but that's what Texas websites say. I don't have enough money to even pay a retainer fee, so I haven't been able to consult a lawyer about anything legal.

    Comment by mariahrodriguez (original poster) at 3:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • The above posters pretty much said it all.... only you can decide if you want to put up with that forever...and honestly, that environment eventually won't be good for your daughter either. He should def have to pay CS and alimony.

    Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • In some states singles moms pretty much get paid to go school also. You could stay in TX to finish your schooling.

    Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • You may have to look into online classes so you can stay home with your daughter and not pay daycare. or do online so you can get a job to meet your bills.

    Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • I have 3 years left of nursing school, so I don't want to give up on it. My plan a month ago was to seperate to see if he was willing to change. I planned on putting up with him for 3 more years, so I could finish my education. Now that he's made it obvious he won't, I don't know what to do. I don't think he's met any of the women in person, but my daughter is still dealing with seeing me cry and be depressed. Is porn and cyber sex considered cheating during a divorce case? Is it legal to move out of state before I've filed for divorce? I know it's sort of weird to ask these questions online, but I don't have friends or family who are knowledgable on these subjects.

    Comment by mariahrodriguez (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • I can't get a nursing degree online. My daycare is paid until August. I've been using the grants given to me by the school to pay the childcare fees. I already have food stamps, medicaid for my child, women's medicaid for myself, and subsidized childcare. My husband only makes a little over $18,000 annually. So if I filed for child support, would I have enough to cover the bills? I just don't want to end up a dead beat like my mom. She relied on the government and family for financial aid most of her life. I want to graduate and be able to provide a decent life for my daughter.

    Comment by mariahrodriguez (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.