How can i make my 15month old eat food?

khyleezmama

Asked by khyleezmama at 2:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can't. Offer healthy choices and if he/she refuses, then he/she waits until the next planned meal or snack.

Answer by missanc at 3:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• ok thank you its been a struggle for 6months cause she went to daycare at 3 months eating and then they switched rooms at 7 months and she quit like they tramatized her
    khyleezmama

Comment by khyleezmama (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Kids have a mind of their own, and eating is one of the few things they have any control over. I agree with PP to just offer her a wide variety of healthy foods and let her decide what and when she wants to eat. If she wants to eat whole bowl of peaches (and only peaches) for lunch, okay. If she wants to skip lunch and then only eat string cheese for snack, okay. No pressure. No judgement. It's okay to say, "do you want to eat some potatoes or broccoli?" but if she says no, the answer is no... for now. Kids will eat what they need when they need. As long as whatever you're offering is healthy, and she gets regular meals/snacks, let her decide.

I'd talk to the daycare staff to make sure you agree with the way they are handling meals. If you think she's being tramatized in any way, this needs to be identified and fixed. Or else take her somewhere else.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• thanks ive talked to the dc staff they said they dont know anything about it but i can tell by the looks they give each other im sure i know what happend i found out she really loves peanut butter and ground turkey. this is what we ate lat night haha
    khyleezmama

Comment by khyleezmama (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If all the daycare staff are giving each other sideways looks and saying "We don't know" they're full of it. I worked in a daycare facility and rotated through all 5 rooms (Infant, Waddler, Toddler, Preschool, Pre-K). In the infant room especially you log EVERYTHING. At 8am diaper change. At 10am had 3.5oz formula and 1/3 banana. ALL of it. Even if they were unusually cranky or super happy all day.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i knew they were supposed to do all that my mom used to work at a daycare but in my case i learned they were never completely accurate and they would just guess on a few things i did not like that very much
    khyleezmama

Comment by khyleezmama (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011