My marriage ended today, unofficially

as in, divorce papers haven't been filed yet, but he packed up all his shit and left. AND I FEEL SOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i never thought it would be this easy when it finally happened. he was emotionally abusive, to the children and me. he was selfish. he was a fucking asshole. and i just spent the afternoon liberating myself, i turned his mancave into a playroom for the kids.

so.. how long will this high last? i don't even feel anxious and i've had anxiety disorder the whole 2 years i've been married to him. but i'm afraid of this feeling being too good to be true. i am now a single mom of 3 kids! that's nuts!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• good luck!
    and
    congratulations!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I was going to say how sorry I was but i think congrats are in order, the feeling will last, good luck!

Answer by older at 3:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Congrats, you did the right thing!
    dlee620

Answer by dlee620 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Congrats, I would LOVE to see how much child support he is ordered to pay for 3 kids lol
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• It feels good because it was the right thing. If it wasn't you would feel all that anxiety still......maybe that was why you felt the anxiety during the marriage because it was not right. Now you can be happy!! Things happen for a reason.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 3:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Congrats!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 3:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Wow, it sounds like your head is in a really good place. I'm happy for you. Congrats and best of luck in your new future!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• awesome, congrats.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 3:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• good

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 3:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Congrats!!! Time to make you and your kids the happiest you've/they've ever been!!!!!! No matter how you may feel in the future, I think you'll always get a good feeling thinking about how GREAT it was leaving that POS. :) GL to you and your kids!!! You'll meet somebody totally fantastic one day!!!
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011