Ultrasounds

how many mommies have had their ultrasound be wrong? i had a 3d one done at 21 weeks and it was amazing, I mean we could already tell that our little girl looks like her daddy, but i still have a fear that it was wrong and its our little BOY that looks like his daddy, i know they say those things are accurate but I'm going to have alot pf pink to exchange for blue if it was wrong lol

patientlyw8ing

Asked by patientlyw8ing at 7:49 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think alot of people have those thoughts.. I knew I was having a girl but there is always going to be that what if.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 7:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• those things are not accurate...at all.. especially not at 21 weeks.. hehe ;) if so, then you are very lucky that you dont have to exchange

it took us 30weeks to find out that it will be a girl... to 80% ;)

our OB always said: "Im pretty sure its a girl.. 80-90%.. but i wont dare to say its DEF. a girl"... because those machines are not 100% accurate. wait a few more weeks and if they (THEN) still say it looks like a girl then the chances are good.. i had 2 different OBs telling me its probably a girl so i bought all the pink stuff :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I was told at 20 weeks that it was 90% a girl. At 24 weeks definitely a boy! A coworker was told she was having a boy all along and ended up having a girl. Maybe ask for another ultrasound sometime down the road if you're worried? Congratulations!
    Anonymous

• You can tell the sex as early as 18 weeks and the ultrasound is usually done between 18-20 weeks to determine sex. When I had my ultrasound at 18 weeks they told me it was a boy and we could all see. I knew I was having a boy from the beginning and the ultrasound was right. I've only ever heard of one person's ultrasound being wrong but I've never known anyone personally.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 9:30 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• If it was a 3D you should really be able to see what the sex was.
    MPwife07

Answer by MPwife07 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 11, 2008