Why do like the music we do?

Which elements of music are most important to you? or What do you listen for in music? These are wide-open questions with no right or wrong answers, but try to think as broadly and encompassing as possible. Why do we like what we like in music?

Ambie0526

Asked by Ambie0526 at 3:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I personally like rap & pop.
    I like music with bass.. thats sounds awesome when its loud!
    I mostly like guy rappers.. girl singers.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'm known to be the "rocker chick" or "metal head" as my friends and family like to say. I go ga-ga over double bass pedals and high pitched fast paced guitar riffs. I like the deep male voices or female voices that can hold a note in a way that's captivating and sung from within. My favorite aspect is a change of tempo, how it can switch from one emotion to the next, but still relay the message and keep the listener involved.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Well I believe music is a big part of are culture personally I like all kinds of music but it also depends on my mood If I'm mad I listen to hard core rap which is gangster rap

thekayk

Answer by thekayk at 3:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i like any kind of music mainly anything that has a beat like hip-hop and some pop however my baby loves old time rock and rap like mchammer days and tlc and all those 80s and 902 music its so cute
    khyleezmama

Answer by khyleezmama at 3:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I suppose in terms of types of music, most of it is cultural; most people like some subset of the music they were most exposed to. Unfamiliar music may be less appealing, since you haven't learned what to listen for in it.
    In terms of what appeals to me in a piece of music, I am a sucker for an ascending or descending chord pattern, combined with lyrics that don't turn me off (turnoffs include "bitches/hos/sluts/groupies," "i like to party," and "God bless the USA, the greatest country in the history of the universe") and a pretty, well-trained voice. Oh, and horns; I'm a sucker for horns, too!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I love country definetly songs that have meaning
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 2:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2011