Potty Training Boys

When do you start trying to potty train boys?? I started training my daughter at about 1 1/2 years and she was potty trained within a few months. I have no clue with boys though. I've heard they are more difficult.

MrsChairez

Asked by MrsChairez at 3:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• same times as a girl, there is no difference whatsoever... the more you work with a child (boy or girl) the better they will do and adapt. I have done it 4 times, and 3 were boys. :O)

3 kids were before 2 and my oldest was 2 1/2.
    2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 3:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I trained all my kids the same way. I waited until they turned 3.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have 3 boys and they all where different. My oldest was 3 and almost potty trained and then we moved and he regressed and didt potty train till he was 4 any middle son was super easy but he was 3 and youngest son is 4 and is super stubborn and refuses to go. He knows how he just wont go.
    AmberNicoley

Answer by AmberNicoley at 3:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I introduced my daughter around 1..just to get her familiar with the potty. She started pooping on it at first and eventually would pee on it but she did great. My son I introduced him around the same time as I did her and he didn't care to have anything to do with it. I would leave it in the bathroom so when someone in the family went to the bathroom he could see and maybe try. I kept at him about it and kept trying to get him to go. Eventually I stopped "pushing" him so to speak and one day just before he turned 2 he went poop on the potty all by himself without anyone telling him to! He did great so we bought him a new potty for part of his bday present and he loves it!
    hesseltinefam5

Answer by hesseltinefam5 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011