Mostly a vent but so disgusted by this

I just came across this and I am so disgusted by it. If you want to there is a petition going on. Just click the link by the take action.

No woman should fear going to the police if she has been attacked and to have this man say it is the fault of an illegal immigrant just because she came her is so ... ugh it just makes me angry.

http://www.care2.com/causes/womens-rights/blog/representative-who-stated-immigrant-women-should-be-afraid-to-report-rape-now-compares-them-to-drunk-drivers/

Hope I did this right..

angelmine2011

Asked by angelmine2011 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• i dont think they should in anyway be compared to a drunk drive in an accident, the drunkeness was the cause of the accident. Her rape was not caused by being illegal. But in the event that he is just a tongue tied idiot they kinda need to think if they go to the police they should be deported. Not due to the rape, but because they are illegal. Its up to them to weigh their options. But they are in no way at fault like a drunk driver!
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 4:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• How awful!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No one deserves to be raped, legal or illegal.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 8:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• oh manipulators, we are smarter than that
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• That is the think that bothers me about his comments. He is saying that it is the woman's fault because she shouldn't be here. Well I get that she is an illegal immigrant but that does not mean its ok to brutalize her.
    angelmine2011

Comment by angelmine2011 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2011