Do any parents have this problem??

I have a 9 year old daughter & she still wets the bed at night.. She doesn't do this everynight but it is still happening..Anyone have any advice on this?? It doesn't bother me that she does it but she gets upset when this happens & she doesn't want any of her friends to stay the night because she is afraid that she might wet on them.. I have tried to explain to her that all she has to do is wear a "goodnight" & she won't have to worry about it but it still really upsets her & so of course then I am so sad for her...I wish there was something I could do or wonder when she might stop..maybe if I could give her an age then maybe that would help her..I don't know I am just out of answers for her..HELP!!!!!

jjsmomma123

Asked by jjsmomma123 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• take her to see a urthologiest..sp..they got my sister on nasel sprey and lil pills for hers...she has stoped. she is 13 yrsold.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• you should def. talk to the pediatrician. my brother was bed wetting until he was 9-10 years old. there was something wrong with his foreskin.

it can be many different things. so many things could cause bed wetting... Talk to the pediatrcian and try to find out the reason of it.

make also sure that you talk to your daughter about it. tell her, that there is nothing wrong with her bed wetting. that happens when people have a weak bladder. it doesnt matter how old does people are, it can just happen.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I did take her to a urologist & they said that she had bladder reflux & would grow out of it but that it should not ahve any affect on her wetting the bed.. I however think if her bladder is not emptying out completly then how could she hold her urine throughout the whole night?? Thanks for your answer...
    jjsmomma123

Answer by jjsmomma123 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• couldnt you get the nightime pjs so she can still have ppl over and no one would know she is wearing them when ppl are over. I remember that age..sleepovers to me is important
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• well i had a phase when i was like 6years old that i was in such a deep sleep that my bladder didnt wake me up in the middle of the night to go pee. my parents woke me up to use the bathroom... after a while i had a schedule and woke up by myself again and didnt pee in the bed anymore
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I agree that sleepovers with her best friends are so important & she is so determined not to have any friends over..We did one time for her birthday & when it got time for bedtime she was so nervous that someone one see that she had a pull up on that she ended up sleeping with me...I just feel so bad for her..I tell her that there is nothing wrong with wetting the bed & that alot of children do it & she wants to know who they are & where are they?? She is something else..
    jjsmomma123

Answer by jjsmomma123 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• don't' let her have anything to drink 1-2 hours before bed and is she going to the bathroom before she goes to sleep?
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 8:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• they make new night pants that looks just like underwear!!! some ppl swear by them. since that one doc said its not a problem shouldnt be peeing at night talk to her doc. tell them the issue. tell them someone said something about a nasel sprey and or pills. My mom loves it. I think my mom got them thew a phcaitrist?sp
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I have a 7 1/2 year old boy that still wets the bed. He wears a pull up overnight. He doesn't seem to care much that he wets the bed, other than the fact that he has to get up and go take a shower in the morning. He's a really intense, strong willed, stubborn kid who sleeps like a rock.

I've read that this is pretty common, so I'm not too worried about him. I'm confused though because he's had many dry nights, like 2 years ago during our vacation, he stayed dry the whole week!

I read an article that said to have the child drink a lot of water during the day and try to hold it a long time. This is to help strengthen the bladder and should, over time, help with the overnight problem.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• my little sister still does that. she says she has dreams shes wetting on a tiolet or has a nightmare. what you can do is make sure she doesnt drink alot before bed and make sure she goes to the bathroom right before bed.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008