How can I stop our leather reclining seats from squeaking?

We bought theater seats and we love them but they squeak bad. It kind of sounds like someone having really bad gas, LOL! It's only upon using the powered reclining feature when it makes the dreadful noise. Does anyone have any tips for me?

It's the leather rubbing together. Can I use the same leather conditioner I use for my car seats or is there another type of leather conditioner out there? Has anyone heard of using mink oil? That's what someone suggested to my DH. 

Cynthia525

Asked by Cynthia525 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Is the squeak from the leather or something inside?
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If the leather itself is squeaking try using a leather conditioner where the parts touch - that way they will not stick and make the noise.
    chrys45

Answer by chrys45 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• From the leather - use a conditioner. From the mechanism....you'll need to access it and put some graphite powder on it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• WD40?
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011