Avent baby products? as good as they say?

Wondering what your thoughts are on this brand as they are BPA free and are supposed to be better for baby???

Wanabmommy

Asked by Wanabmommy at 3:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• idk if they were better, but i used them and loved the bottles/nipples when i switched to ff-ing.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I really didn't think so. I had an Avent pump, but quickly abandoned it. I had some Avent sippy attachments to offer my kids water, and they leaked. My kids also didn't like their pacifiers. I did like their washable breast pads though.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I heart them.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 3:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I LOVE the bottles!! You could even buy handles for them when the baby is learning to hold it them self!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 4:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I LOVE my avent pump. I have had it for almost 5 years now and it has never done me wrong. I can't speak of teh other products as I use many brands for many items we use.
    chrys45

Answer by chrys45 at 4:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• YES THEY WORKED FOR ME BUT EVERYONES IMMUNE SYSTEM IS DIFFERENT
    DaddysGirl523

Answer by DaddysGirl523 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I love my avent bottles!

Answer by missanc at 4:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i have some avent bottles, they have a tendency to leak sometimes. I like the pump that they came with.
    there are lots of bottles out now that are BPA free that are a lot cheaper.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Avent pacifiers are the only ones that stay in my son's mouth. Never tried the bottles. But I love their pacifiers.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 6:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• They actually sent me a sample of an Avent bottle in the mail, and it looked really nice. But when I tried to use it for the first time, It leaked ALL OVER my son, and I had no idea....when we got where we were going, he was completely soaked and so was the carseat. And he wasn't even eating out of it. I had it sitting upright in his carseat with him, and it hadn't fallen over or anything. And he was only 2 months old so I know he didn't pick it up and dump it out. I had the lid on tightly and correctly too by the way. We tried it twice and it leaked both times. So, no I wouldn't recommend that brand at all. I love the Playtex drop-ins. I've used them with both my boys and had no problems. And you can squeeze all the air out of the bottles before you feed them too, which is pretty cool.
    summermail88

Answer by summermail88 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 15, 2011