Reading or playing music for babies in the womb? do they remember?

My mom tells me all of the time that she played Martina Mcbride music and sang to it all the time when i was in her belly and then when i was a toddler 2 3 and 4 i would go around singing the songs she used to sing to me. This ever happen to anyone else? Do you read or play music for your little sprout in the making?

Wanabmommy

Asked by Wanabmommy at 4:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes! I used to sing Lullaby and Good Night over and over to my 2yo when I was pregnant with his little brother (my oldest has autism and I sang it repetitively to calm him), when my little one was born I only had to hum a few bars of it and he would calm right down.

Answer by missanc at 4:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I know people believe this, but I don't.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• They say that babies brains are far more advanced than we give them credit for and this is proof!
    Wanabmommy

Comment by Wanabmommy (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• my brother would always sing to his baby in the womb and she recognized his voice immediately when she was born... she turned her head to see him whenever he said anything but didn't do that for anyone else
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• How do you think babies recognize moms voice after they are born? They hear you talking all the time and the sound becomes familiar. Its the same if you have dogs. They get use to the dog/s barking and after they are born the sound wont disturb them. I'm always singing to my belly lol or talking to it. My daughter loves pulling up my shirt and putting her hands on my belly and talking to her brother. She even reads him stories. I think it is possible that babies remember to a certain degree.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2011