Totally normal right...

I get these horrible bouts of insecurity and worry in my pregnancy. So yesterday I went to the doctor for my 20 weeks check-up and everything is tip top shape. I get my anatomy scan june 20th, and am so excited. The baby didn't move much yesterday because he/she was super active on sunday so I didn't pay much attention...and now another day is going by and the baby hasnt moved much at all. I have a at home doppler and the heartbeat is real strong and happy and I find it in the same place everytime so maybe the baby is just chilling and snoozing????? I am a hopeless worry wart. Please don't be mean...some people can be so mean.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Anyone who says they dont worry is full of it hun :) I'm sure everything is fine. Good luck.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 4:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Just relax..it;s when there is no movement that you should start to worry...it may be moving alot at night and you may not know it.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• at 20 weeks baby is still SO tiny, he probably is doing jumping jacks you just feel them every once in a while. :O) hang tight momma, you will be fine half way there.

2teens2LOs

Answer by 2teens2LOs at 4:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• if you still hear a heartbeat then its all good
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Babies, just like adults, have days where they are full of energy and are very active, and other days where they are just tired and relaxing. I think everyone worries about that! I went to the hospital 2 different times when I was pregnant because I thought my son wasn't moving. Haha turns out he was just asleep! LOL I think once you get to 30 weeks is when they really want you to start paying close attention to your baby's movements and if they don't move a certain amount in a day, then you need to be concerned! Otherwise, you are good!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• did you tell the dr? is the baby not moving AT ALL or just a little biit?
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 4:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Baby is moving just a little bit..but today I am a little bloated so its kinda hard to tell I think whats movement and whats gas. Lovely lovely sorry ladies.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My son is so active. Seriously he moves 24/7 and if a day goes by that he doesnt move much I get really worried and try not freak out because he is probably resting. As you advance in your pregnancy you'll find out certain things that you do that will make baby move more or less. Like for me the more active I am the less he moves. If I eat a certain food that he prefers more than others he'll start going to town on my organs. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and hime growing hasnt slowed him down at all. I agree that anyone who says they dont worry are full of it. You'll be ok. Baby is still small enough that you arent going to feel him all the time. It also depends how he postioned as to how you feel him as well.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I don't consider the size of a small cantaloupe all that tiny when its living inside of my uterus LOL. They really shouldn't compare a baby to fruit.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Actually I was listening to the babys heartbeat with my doppler and low and behold he/she kicked the doppler away, it actually bounced a little off my belly, it was hilarious and totally reassuring
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2011