Question for people who use ebay...more for people who have ordered items that were shipped from other countries

i ordered these necklaces off of ebay for my boyfriend's birthday. i ordered them june 3rd and it's now the 14th and still nothing. they are being shipped from China and i live on the east coast of the U.S. how long do you think it will take them to get here? his bday is the 24th. i did just send them a message a few min ago. have you ordered things from other countries and how long did it take? it's standard usps shipping

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Shopping

• it can take a long time. 3-4 weeks or even longer. Good Luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'm not an e-bay-er but I work for the USPS. Standard from China can sometimes take a little while. Care packages going to soldiers can take 10 or more days so something like that can easily take longer. I know impatience, but be patient for a little longer!
    Anonymous

• I usually try to only buy in the US for that reason, i did order some earrings for my son's friend and it took 6 weeks.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• You always have to give them 4-5 weeks.

Answer by gemgem at 4:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I do tons of orders on Ebay, and I also sell anime on there.

It can get held up in customs. I've had orders placed and still not received them 4 weeks later. I'd expect UP TO 6 weeks when ordering from any country where customs might get involved. Closer to a month is the norm, but hey shit happens lol.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If it's shipping from China, it can't be USPS shipping. It would be shipping via China's postal service. In addition, most reputable sellers will send you an e-mail via eBay telling you when the item was shipped and what the tracking number is. Have you gotten one of these? Could be the item hasn't even been shipped yet.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• There's a good chance they're not going to arrive in time. I am with the other posters. Expect them at the latest by mid July.

When you're shopping on Ebay and need the item within just a few weeks it's always best to

1. Make sure they're USA based
    2. Talk to them about their shipping methods and message them BEFORE ordering explaining to them when you need the item by and if they can make that happen.

I do ask that you NOT leave this particular seller negative feedback just over the shipping time. There is literally nothing they can do. Customs does their own thing, and someones business shouldn't suffer because of an item you bought without contacting the seller first and asking about shipping times.
    Anonymous