How do you know which religion is the right one? Is there a right one?

mmnjp03

Asked by mmnjp03 at 2:43 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• goodness u have alot of questions tonight. i personally dont think that there is only one correct religion. i do believe that there is a right religion for u, but that doesnt mean that it is the right religion for everyone.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 3:02 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Do a lot of research.. There is an excellent class available at our local college: World Religions... It's very informative, very educational and eye opening... I think I have found out that when it comes down to it.. we all want the same thing.. just a different way of getting there sometimes.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:05 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I agree with the first post. I myself chose to go the non denominational route. I am a christian, I believe in God, I study the holy bible....plain and simple. I like it that way.
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 4:01 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I don't believe there is one correct religion either. I agree with the first poster. It's what is right for you.
    My2Midgets01

Answer by My2Midgets01 at 4:35 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• My grandfather is a preacher and he has something that he told me once that really hit home. When talking about other religions he told me "They have their way of doing things and I have my way, but regardless of how we do it were are all basically doing the same thing!!!" He is right all religions are trying to help people for the greater good in a quest for everlasting life. Just thought I would share that!
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 8:32 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• You don't need a religion to believe in Christ. I am a Christian and only a Christian. I don't follow any one denomination.

If you're that concerned, I would check into it and find the place you are most comfortable. They all (the Christian based ones) believe in Christ, they just have different ways of doing things.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 8:42 AM on Jul. 12, 2008