Has this happened to you??

I went to the doctors today for a checkup (I'm 35 weeks). They were going to check my cervix, and as I was lying flat on my back, I started to get cold sweats, then started blacking out, and as I was trying to not pass out, I was trying to tell them that I was going to throw up. They had to roll me on my side, bare assed, and pull a trash can below me. I've never felt so horrible in my life. They said the baby had been lying on some blood vessels, blocking the circulation to my brain! I'm scared to lie down now! Has this happened to anyone else??

Also, they said I had an "angry-looking cervix", that it was all red.. Do you guys know anything about this too??

Squirellybur

Asked by Squirellybur at 4:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This has never happened to me. sorry I couldnt help.
    Mrs.Gallegos649

Answer by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No nothing like this although I'd ask them for more information and details... if only to feel better about things.
    Mommy_Aiken

Answer by Mommy_Aiken at 4:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• no im sorry but i almot passed out in labor room.....at least there was a medical reason for it. they have probably dealt with worse situations....it ok
    renah164

Answer by renah164 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Laying on your back later in pregnancy cuts off blood supply to your brain. Thats why they tell you after 20 weeks not to lay on your back anymore. You should be alright laying on either side. As for the cervix thing I have no clue
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 5:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• It's never happened to me but try to lay on your side for the remaining of your pregnancy.
    Cynthia525

Answer by Cynthia525 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have got like that to while getting ultrasounds every week. I to got really sweaty,felt very dizzy and thought i was going to pass out. If those tables were propped up a bit it wouldnt be so bad but you have to lay flat the whole time...As for you having an angry cervix i have never heard that before. I would have asked what he meant. Maybe you were dialated a bit...i dunno
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2011