Do you really think that the way you post portrays you as a person living their faith?

I've been wondering this after reading the last few days worth of answers...

In addition to the title question:
Do you feel that the "answers" you post are reflective of you in everyday life?
Do they show integrity with the teachings of your professed beliefs?

...and if not, why do you keep it up?

(it might just be me, but my momma taught me this thing about not saying anything if I can't say something nice, and I try to follow it, and about 95% of the time, I am proud to say I can actually manage to do so)

thalassa

Asked by thalassa at 4:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I'm not particularly religious, but I think the way I post portrays me as a person trying to be kind and understanding and helpful, and even if I feel a need to point out the ugly truth to someone, I try to do it with compassion and not in a rude or degrading way. I don't do that because my faith tells me to do it, but just my personal code of ethics or morals.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• yes- I am usually pretty easy going but can not stand BS so when my BS meter goes off I get a little aggressive- I am the same way IRL- if you make assumptions and use ALL and EVERY and think your way is the only way- you will usually hear from me- ;)
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 4:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No matter what faith you are you are still human. People will always have a rude moment regardless.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yes. My rules are a lot different than most, though.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Rude MOMENT is one thing, and excusable...but when appears to be chronic (as it often manifests in this particular section), I really have no option but infer that too often what people *say* they believe, and the way they *live* those beliefs have no internal integrity...and it really no longer makes me take their answers seriously, even if it might be something they are a subject matter expert on.

So I'm just wondering if that is the effect that is desired.
    thalassa

Comment by thalassa (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I try to and I try harder every day to take others situations and circumstances into consideration. Politics I get rude and passionate, so I am trying not to answer if I have nothing positive to say lol. But otherwise, yes, I at least try my best.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I am 100% more honest here.
    If someone wants an opinion, I give it.... tactfully but honestly.
    In real life if I disagree with someone and they ask my opinion... i find a way to not answer.

But then again in real life I NEVER see some of the crazy life choices I see here.
    Anonymous

• i'd say yes..i am what i am, here and IRL. just ask musicmom80 or hazeldove.
    sometimes when you have a chronic problem with someone, it isn't always on them. just sayin'.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• sometimes when you have a chronic problem with someone, it isn't always on them. just sayin'.

How bout if it's a dozen people having a chronic problem with someone, with more added daily?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yes I think my answers do reflect who I am IRL. I honestly like leaning about other people and don't have a need for drama.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2011