Is it ok if i panick now?

Ok I have to be at work in another hr and DH is work until 11pm again tonight. We don't have a babysitter because we can afford one. Dh usually works 5-5 everyday and I work (usually)5;30-10 durring the week.
Well, since DH has been working late we have had to find babysitters for the nights I have been working. Usually this would be my MIL because she is the one person I completely trust with my DS. She has been there since day one to help when I needed. Well she is on vacation, out of state right now. So the only other people that leaves are my FIL and his fiancee. I know they will be good to him and I don't have to worry or anything about that but tonight he is staying the night. I know shouldn't be a big deal right but this is only the 2nd time he has stay the night anywhere. The first time was only a week ago at my MIL house. He has stayed there before over night but with me and DH. She has also put him to sleep a hundred times ( give or take a few) at our house. So she knows what she's doing.

I wrote them out a list of songs he likes and wrote out his bedtime routine. I also reminded them of his allergies and wrote down anything I could think of that would help. i'm panicking because I'm worried he's going to freak out or have a nightmare like he offten does and Mommy and Daddy won't be there. He's 2 , should i just go pick him up when I get off work? I will get to their place about 10:30. He's usually in bed at 8:30. maybe I should have waited a little longer before I started letting him spend the night places.

MrsLLove

Asked by MrsLLove at 4:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• As long as they can keep him alive, he will be fine
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i'm sure he'll be fine. if you want to call when you get off work, do so. but you may as well see how this one night goes.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If you feel the need to get him after work then do so. How was he when he stayed at you MIL's? did he have any problems? if not then he will be fine I'm sure.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• As a grandma I will tell you like I have told my dd who has had to reluctantly leave her son with me at 2 (also never had another sitter but me and the other grandma lol but other grandma was the overnight one) "I raised you and you are alive so I think I know what I am doing, now go to work and stop worrying"

Answer by gemgem at 4:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• He was good at Grandma's but like I said she knows his schedule and all the songs that put him to sleep and the ones that get him going. She is a close 2nd next me and Daddy.

gemgem- Ha ha thank you for making me laugh.

This is a new step for me. i don't like to be away from him and yes I know i have to start slowing cutting the apron strings. But....I DON"T WANNA...
    MrsLLove

Comment by MrsLLove (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• If you are that concerned, call them when you get off work. If he's asleep then let him stay, If he's up crying hysterically or the grandparents are, go get him.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I did call and to everyones surpirise ( including the gramps and grams) he went out pretty well. I'll just be there to pick him up in the morning.
    MrsLLove

Comment by MrsLLove (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2011