Pregnant and feels like i can hardly breathe and have to take deep breaths..

I am 26 weeks pregnant and have asthma but havent taken anything for a few years and i have panic attacks also but i dont think thats what its from. When i went to go give papers to a new doctor today from my old doctor bc they wont take me in anymore , i started to feel light headed / dizzy and like i could hardly breathe and felt like i needed air so idk if it was bc of the heat since its in the 90's here and have no ac. but lately it felt like i can hardly breathe but worse today and have to keep taking deep breaths , its not as bad right now though but still feels like i can hardly breath kinda but mostly have to take deep breaths. Is this normal? Also i think i might have gestational diabetes and ate chickin fries and fries at burger king , could that make my sugar high if i do have it? Im hoping that docotr can take me in they said they would call me tomorrow since the doctor wasnt in today ( the girl at the desk said she cant set me an appointment since i have heart palpitaions ).

what does this sound like to you? and did you go through this while you were pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i was short of breath in that stage of my pregnancy too..it came and went for me..and i also had the dizzy spells..I later found out i had preclampsia and my baby came at 29wks..I would get to the dr as soon as possible and be sure to tell them everything that is going on with you..tell them how you feel with it all and tell them it bothers you..you can never be to safe I was fine one day and the next having a baby..be sure to stay calm and try to relax until you get that appt..good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• you could be carrying high which would put pressure on your lungs making it hard to breathe...i had it happen...if your really worried go to the er and they will check with the finger thing...why do you think you have gestational diabetes? and if you think you do then sty away from hgh carb high sugar foods until you know for sure....fries and breaded chicken fries will raise your sugars. heart palpatations are also very normal in pregnancy so it was weird she wouldnt schedule you an appt. because of that. that makes no sence
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Breathlessness is so normal in pregnancy! Your uterus has stretched SO much, and it is resting up against your lungs which can make it very hard to breath sometimes. You can google a picture of what it looks like Im sure, and it may make you feel better. Try not to overstress yourself, this sounds normal. Drink lots of water!! Water is key in keeping hydrated. If you still feel concerned, call your doctor. They can see you and calm any nerves you have :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• yea she said she just wanted to check with the doctor but i really want to get seen and need to bc i had a pre term before at 29 weeks with my first. i think i might have it because when i eat honey bunches of oats cereal in the morning ill feel dizzy and i drink some caffeine some times but havent really lately and been feeling like this for about a week or a little longer. i have bad headeaches but prob from not having caffeine. and also i feel like i have been crampy lately too maybe from stretching?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• what if they are kicking at the bottom does that mean that the baby is low? and could it till be hard to breath if they are low?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2011