Have any of u had a neg test but at the drs office positive???

what i been noticing is that my clothes are a bit tight against my tummy, im 3 days late, some of my neighbors have been telling me that im glowing and that i look different, but i don't want to give my hopes up, since me and my dh have been ttc for a year and two mc, i already have a nine yr old ds, so it's about time, what u guys think??? should i wait till two weeks like my dr said or can i take a test already???

cataquiroz24

Asked by cataquiroz24 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• The home tests are based off of HCG which is only in the urine if you are pregnant! So the levels could be to low to show up on a home test yet and when you go to the doctors they could do a blood test which would show if you are pregnant or not. I took a test the day after I missed my period and it was neg then to a test the next day and the line was very faint and then again 2 days later the line was light but most definetely positive! Buy the early response tests (kinda pricey) but they are more sensitive to the HCG levels. Or if you can get into the dr to get a blood test then go for it! Good luck and wish you the best! :)
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 5:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I WOULD WAIT JUST SO YOU DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP TO HIGH CUZ TWO WEEKS IS A PERFECT TIME BUT THE DOCTORS CAN FIND OUT WITHIN ONE WEEK SO YOU COULD IF YOU GET TO ANXIOUS.
    angelique522

Answer by angelique522 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i know it's the anxiety that kills me, we're trying for a girl, so keep fingers crossed for me
    cataquiroz24

Comment by cataquiroz24 (original poster) at 5:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2011