I had a miscarriage in 2008, and now am pregnant again, 35 weeks...

I wonder if they are the same baby. She wasn't ready before, but this time wants to give life a shot. Or maybe the baby we lost didnt have a soul yet so it can't be the same one. (This makes no sense Im sure, sorry). what do you think about this?

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 5:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes... I read some African proverbial thingy that said something to the affect that you have mentioned above. But i think that its probably two different little souls dear. And if you believe in God and heaven you will see them again.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 5:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• never thought of it that way, i always saw it as 2 different babies
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i say 2 different babies b/c i had a miscarriage before my ds was conceived, i see them as 2 individual babies
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• no. it's not the same child.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I think that they are two different babies. At least that is what I felt in my heart. I mourned the loss of one and when I got pregnant again it was a whole new being inside of me.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I believe it is a different soul. Good Luck and Congrats!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• When I miscarried my first child in 2006 I was devastated because it took us 5 years just to get pregnant in the first place. But a month and half later I got pregnant again with my daughter. She is now 4 years old and I think to myself that if I'd had that first baby then I wouldnt have my daughter, she wouldnt exist. As sad as it was to lose that first baby I'm glad that I have my daughter. I wouldnt trade her for the world and the thought that she almost didnt exist is so sad to me. I do not think that they are the same baby and that everything happens for a reason.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2011