SAHMs do you have dinner waiting on dh when he get home from work?

We have this habit of calling each other and see what the other one cooked for the day(mom and sisters). My mom gets upset when I tell her that we or having sandwiches for dinner. She say me being at home all day I should have a home cooked meal waiting on him. What do you ladies think? We may have sandwiches once a month or if I had numerous doctor appointments that day(dh does not care what he eats).

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• If my husband was home around dinner time then I would. As it is he works rotating shift work so for the next seven days he will not be home for dinner.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I try to since he pays most of the bills and I get home before him
    sunshine615

Answer by sunshine615 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• sometimes...and there's nothing wrong with sandwiches for dinner...normally i'd throw in some soup with that, or some kind of side.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Only if I'm in a really good mood. Most of the time we cook together or he cooks.. Sometimes he comes home later than our regular dinner time so I make dinner and eat with my son and save him some. He doesn't mind reheating things. Sometimes, I don't even cook if we have leftovers.
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 5:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i only make stuff for my kids hubby is the one who cooks dinner :) i hate to cook and as my hubby puts it i don't belong in the kitchen only if i'm baking xD

Gen

Answer by Gen at 5:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Yep.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No, I never know what time he'll be home and since his cell is off he can't call me so it makes no sense to cook before unless its really late.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• no..it rarely happens. he closes the store at 7pm, but it usually takes 20-30mins for him to get out of the store, then a 15min drive home...that's if he DID close on time. ds's bath/bedtime is 8-815...if i cooked, there will be leftover he can heat up..or if i'm not busy with the ds, i could heat it for him.
    however, sometimes he gets pissy, as we all do. i FBed last night that we were having cereal for dinner, which he saw and i guess, didn't take it seriously. (i hadn't gone to the grocery store all weekend because we entertained his mom/sis/nephew/niece for two days, and just figured it wouldn't hurt). he came in, and said, 'what's for dinner?' i said, 'cereal, ds's already ate..and i was gonna wait for you.' ..he went back to the store to work, then came back by Wendy's. whatever. he's getting a hotdog and chili tonight. like it or lump it.
    that's what i think. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Much of the time yes, we have take out a few times a week. No one should be getting upset about how you get dinner on the table. Talkin about sweating the small stuff...or someone else's stuff. lol
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 5:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I won't lie, some nights we have sandwiches, it all depends on what's going on that day. If we've been busy and I am tired, we have sandwiches. I never know when DH is going to be home, so it's not like I can have it ready for him when I do cook. Some days, I have a plate in the microwave waiting for him.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2011