What are the best ways to treat a bad sunburn??

I got FRIED on Sunday and I am itching like CRAZY!!! HELP!!

KyMom24

Asked by KyMom24 at 5:47 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• aloe vera! definitely. It will help cool your skin off and heal your sunburn. Hopefully it turns into a nice tan!
    cheapsally

Answer by cheapsally at 5:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I hope so!! I have been doing noxema and aloe and I am already getting ready to peel. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday and I am hoping I don't look like a lizard!
    KyMom24

Comment by KyMom24 (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Aloe for sure.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Kiss My Face makes a great sun soother that makes the burn turn to tan and actually helps me to not peel, which is a damn miracle for me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• vinegar if it hurts! and aloe!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 5:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I was going to say noxema too...but I don't know how much that will help with the peeling now that it has started. I would probably resort to peeling myself. Of course, I can't let something like that go or I will go nuts regardless of whether there is a wedding or not LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• lots of moisturizer!! aloe with lidocaine will help
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have used cold ice tea.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 6:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Vinegar works great for soothing the pain of sunburn. The only thing I've ever used that prevented me from peeling and actually helped soothe the burn and fade the redness is coconut oil.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Vinegar works really great, soak it in a tub w/water and vinegar ... use the Bragg's brand (with the "mother"), not any ol' one.

Use coconut oil to keep the skin moisturized afterwards ... make sure it's 100% organic, hexane-free, extra virgin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2011