SAHM's!! I'd like to know your daily schedule

I have twin toddlers and I get to stay home with them all summer because I'm done at community college and I have a break before fall quarter at EWU. (until I can land a summer job if thats possible)

I'd like to know what your daily schedules are so I can get an idea as to where to fit everything in like laundry and cleaning and just everything. I live with my parents so I really want to hold myself to a schedule so they don't think I'm being lazy. plus I know it will be easier to handle my boys all day if they have a good rouinte.
(we have a loose routine right now, but not totally set)

rough meaning, we get up between 7/8
have breakfast
watch tv for a bit
get dressed
go on a walk go to the park if its nice out
come back have a snack
play dough or drawing until lunch around 1115/1130
and they HAD been napping around noon, just after lunch. (but today tyler had other plans -_-)
but after lunch things fall apart until bedtime, which I'm trying to have a better routine at bedtime which is a bath, and reading books so t hey can fall asleep in their room and sleep in their own cribs rather than falling asleep in the family room and sleeping in bed...

I'm hoping to use their naptime to fold and put away laundry, dishes and clean their toys up.

what are your daily schedules, what advice do you have, what kind of things can i do with them in the afternoon?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• wake 7-8ish, breakfast, get dressed, play (or playdate, museum, park, errends, wherever i want/need to go) lunch at 12, nap at 1230, nap is until about 4ish, 5ish if they're super tired. i take that time to tidy up, do laundry and dishes, have snack ready when they wake up, they watch some tv while i cook dinner, dinner is at 6/630ish, then get ready for bed, bath, change, ect. they're in bed by 8. since it's summer, i let them watch a movie while they lay there.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• well usually i do shopping/erands in the morning and save going to play in the park for after naptime and before dinner. then i start cooking dinner around 4/4:30, eat around 5/5:30, then bath at 6, small snack and 1 tv show, brush teeth/potty break at 6:45, then bed at 7 and i read them books, say prayers, sing, etc. and they actually go to sleep at 7:30. on the weekend bedtime starts at 7:30 and they go to sleep at 8. i have them pick up their toys downstairs after dinner and before bath (5:30-6). i usually fold the laundry, start dishwasher, pick up the house after they go to sleep at night. i wash/dry the laundry during the morning shopping/errands time. hope this helps. we have to get up at 6 bc my son's bus comes at 7:15. usually during vacation or weekends they still get up at 6 :/ momma doesn't like that too much lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Except for wake and sleep times and meal times we have a pretty loose schedule. A lot of what we do depends on the weather. It rains so much here it's hard to plan to do outdoor stuff. We spend our afternoons doing things like reading books, going to the park, playing games, coloring, playing kid computer games, sometimes watch a movie, baking cookies or bread. She likes to help me clean and do laundry so we do that too. No schedule really, we just do what needs to be done when it needs it and play what we feel like playing. It works for us.
    Anonymous

• My daughter gets up bout 8. She eats breakfast and watches some tv while I clean the house and do laundry. Then we play for a bit and its lunch time. After lunch she has quiet time in her room so that I can relax and have some time to myself (she stopped taking naps at like 2 yrs old). After lunch we play outside or she goes swimming while I watch (I'm 35 weeks pregnant, its hard to get in and out of the pool). If my husband is working night shift we wake him up and we get dinner ready together. If he is on day shift we still get dinner ready for when he gets home. After dinner its more playing outside and then at 8 pm she gets her hour warning that it will be bed time. At 8:45 she starts to get ready for bed (pjs, snack, brush teeth) then at 9 she is in bed.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I usually get up at nine. then relax and eat break. Then start chores for the day. Launrdy I do every other day, bathrooms and vacmning on tuesday, friday is strip and wash sheets, I start at the back of the house and work my way to the kitchen. Everyday chores is dishes, make beds, pick up items around the house, sweep kitchen floors and kitchen cabinets I am usually done with things about one and the relax till cook dinner which is at five. I try to dust if my down times. Mondays is usually shopping day. Sundays work on coupons and list for shopping. I try to divide my chores into different days so not to much to do in one day.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 7:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We are a homeschool family, so our daily schedule involves a lot of time spent learning (we homeschool year round). In the summer we also participate in many summer programs so our schedules are built around those. For example, this week we have theater from 9:00 - 11:30 and art from 1:00 - 3:00 so we get up, have breakfast and prepare for the day, head the theater, come home and have lunch and rest a bit then head to art. After art we run errands and then come home to start dinner.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have twin toddlers too and also go to school at night 3x a week. Cleaning and homework happen durning nap times or I stay up all hours of the night lol
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have a 2&3 year old. They wake up between 6 and 730 depending on what time they went to bed, I put on breakfast and throw in laundry. I then sit with them at the table and drink some tea and check my important emails that I may need to forward on to my FRG or from family since we live very far from them. Depending on what they want we either watch zoboomafoo or pretend to be space rangers. After that we pretty much play random toys and I cheat to clean up. Like if we are being space rangers i fly and make sound effects while scooping toys and lazaring them into their proper spots. if we are playing with the soccer ball (yes in my house lol) I will grab stuff and kick the ball towards the closet and hang a quick jacket up or throw an electronic in the bin. Then we have lunch, then nap time which is normally just fighting with my son bc he is "not tired" yeah right then swim, then dinner then books/bath and bed maybe a movie
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 12:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• when I had little ones we would go to the park after breakfast while it was still fairly cool out come home and they would watch a kiddie show while I made lunch. After lunch was free time to play for an hour while I got some chores done then it was naptime. After nap is a snack then free time so I could make dinner. an hour later was dinner, I would clean up while their dad played with them and then it was bath and bed
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 12:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2011