Different ways to discipline

My kids are driving me and DH crazy DD3 and DS2 do not listen to me at all. DD likes to wake up DS when he is napping she will either turn the lights on in the room he is in or she will just talk loud or play with loud toys! DS just follows DD's lead in the not listening department. I am fed up I have tried everything! HELP!

nightngale83

Asked by nightngale83 at 6:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• One of the best things I did was putting my kids into martial arts. They are really great with the kids, but also teach life skills like respect, responsibility, and discipline. They are great about reinforcing our rules, too.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• We don't have money for that
    nightngale83

Comment by nightngale83 (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Get at eye level and tell them to look into your eyes. Talk to them calmly but sternly. Stay calm and be consistent. Get a lock for the baby's door that is high up that your DD can not get to so you can keep her out of there. Keep her well occupied while the baby naps. You might start time outs too. Look at tha Supernanny website or Google it so you do the time out correctly. Lots of parents give up on time out because they do not take the child back to the spot/chair over and over enough until the child stays put. Don't forget to spend individual one on one time with the kids too so they know they are special. Lots of times it goes a long way to ease tensions. GL
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I make my kids (2) stick their noses in the corner for 2 minutes everytime they turn around or whatever start the time over
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2011