Is it normal for a 10 year old to eat like a man?

My ds is not a heavy kid he is tall and slim (not skinny) he looks good but it seems like he is constantly wanting to eat if it isn't food or something to snack on it's candy or fruit or just anything he can grab his hands on he'll drink some soda (only on the weekends...our rule :) or he'll drink water(which is a good thing)
I have to monitor him if not he will eat every momentof the day.
is this normal?
Thank you moms ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• he probably has a real fast metabolism, that's why he is thin & wants to eat a lot. Feed him all he wants, just make sure most of it is healthy.

My DD is 9 & all of a sudden eating me out of my house. She is also thin & tall. She tells me she is hungry just after she ate & when i give her more food, I'm shocked at how much she can actually eat. I feel bad that i am giving her a hard time when she is really that hungry. It's amazing how much food some kids can put down...

She is real thin though, so i let her eat as much as she wants.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• yep. Puberty is a coming!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011