Could You Do This?

If worse came to worse and you had no other choice, could you kill and eat your pets?

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 6:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Pets

• I don't think I could.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 6:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• yes, if it meant my family would starve otherwise
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 6:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I watched "I shouldn't be alive", a guy who got stuck in rain forest for 2 weeks and couldn't find anything to eat. He was starve to death literally and he end up eating the dog that has been tagging along with him. I thought to myself, OMG I cannot do this to my dog. I love him to death but again... like if he was also starve to death and to save myself, I would do it, but that would be painfully for me to do so.
    breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 6:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• actually the guy wasn't able to eat it cause his stomach couldn't hold the food down since he hadn't eaten all that time. he did try to eat the dog. i felt bad that he had killed it and wasn't able to eat it. i was like man he just lots his only companion.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• NO!
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• No ~ which is why I raise pigs, chickens, ducks, geese, and rabbits for meat/eggs/dairy. They feed DH and myself, AND our pets. Aside from that I know most of the edible plants in the area, when and how to prepare them, and how to hunt. I'd be one of those who got kicked off the island because I actually know how to survive (without eating bugs and grotesque things ... or my pets) and make them look bad lol.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• no
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Hell no.
    adelaydeorchid

Answer by adelaydeorchid at 9:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Well, if it came down to me or the dog...sorry but the dog would be shish-ka-bob! lol
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:11 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• No. I couldn't eat my kittens.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 7:18 PM on Jun. 18, 2011