Have you ever had a person complain about your childs name when...

their childrens names arent all that great ...

For example, my newborn daughters name is Lola ... it is a name that my husband and I love, not only that but it was my great grandmas name, I understand and accept that not everyone will like this name as much as we do, but that is ok.

My husbands sister is one of those people who has a problem with my daughters name... She says its ugly, and has said she will probably be slutty when she grows up ( yes a 40 year old woman said this) ...

Her kids names are Madison and Aiden ... i am not saying they are bad names, but I think the fact that in school they have to be refered to as Madison R. and Aiden R. because there are soooo many others with their same name, says alot with her naming abilities because there is also a madison and aiden in the family ( their cousin's kids) ... so I definatly do not think she should be lecturing me on my beautiful little girls name !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Never to my face anyway, and I think it's tacky as hell to complain about a child's name!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Blow it off hun :) its a beautiful name. Exactly like u said...unique. oh and i know some slutty Madison's ;)
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Agree with first response. But...names are subjective. It's all in someone's taste if it's a "good" name or not.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 6:28 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• i wouldnt care its not there choice to begin
    sleepinglotus

Answer by sleepinglotus at 6:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• if you and your husband love it then it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 6:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I like Lola. Ignore her. Madison and Aiden are fine names, but they're sooooo common.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Oh for goodness sakes! First of all, I think your daughter's name is adorable! She is your baby, that is why YOU chose her name, not your sister in law. I think many people go through this, and its ridiculous. I chose a name, and later read it was on the "most hated baby name list" LOL, but idc, because we love it.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 6:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Lola is a beautiful name. If your SIL says something about her being slutty again when she grows up because of her name, tell her that her name didn't make her a bitch, she just is so you doubt that your daughter's name will form what type of person she is.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 6:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I would just ignore it. I was a little hurt when I heard numerous times the question "What?? You named him Damian? Isn't that like, Satan's kid or the devil?" Now I just laugh at their ignorance. If you and your hubby like it, that's all that matters ;)
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• That's her problem...she just might wish deep inside she would have named her child "Lola" it's pretty.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011