Need some advice for a struggling friend...

He has just gotten out of a 2 yr. relationship & is taking it very, very bad. He seems very depressed but I don't live near him otherwise I would be there & take him out or something to try & take his mind off the situation. I don't want to push but I'm very worried. I wish there was something I could do to help get him through this rough time. I just don't want him to do something irrational. I'm looking for any advice I could give to him that may help. Any ideas? Please?

CelticDuir

Asked by CelticDuir at 6:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• TMI-
    oh, if he's anything like most men one good blowjob and he'll forget the woman's name.

I'd just be there for him anyway you can.
    Anonymous

• just talk with as much as you can. encourage him to do things that will make him feel better...working out, being with friends etc...
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Just call your friend as much as possible & be honest & tell him you're worried about him - just let him know that time does heal (I know from experience after coming out of a 4 year relationship as he was cheating on me, had 2 years on my own - my own choice - & now married to the love of my life with 2 kids, God had someone better in mind for me)
    Ellie15

Answer by Ellie15 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Do you know any of his friends who you can call and tell them your concerns? Only idea I have other than calling him often to talk.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• call or text often and just say "hi" make sure he isn't hitting the bottle or abusing anything. Tell him to get netflix and he can watch movies to take his mind off things and everything else the previous posters said as well
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 7:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• try to get him out of the house. But be prepared that he may just get back together with her. I know so many damn disfunctional people like that!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Sometimes people just need to talk and talk and talk, and as hard as it is sometimes for the listener it is the best thing for the person going through the hard time. Good Luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2011