OH FUDGE!

I spilled bleach on my new denim skirt, dark wash.  I tried to rinse it off quickly, but you can see the 3 or 4 drops on the lap of the skirt.  Can I dye the skirt?  Back when, when black jeans were all the craze, think early 1980's, I did the "Pretty Woman" trick, I colored in the faded spots with magic marker.  I COULD find a blue sharpie pen and fill in the spots?  What do you all think? 

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 6:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Oh no that is terrible this happened, but hey you seem to come up with a good idea if you can go with it and it works good job to you.
    Good quick thinking ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• You might stop into a fabric or craft store and ask. I know they have fabric paints and markers. GL!!
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:07 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Another idea would be to actually use a bleach pen and make a design on your skirt..

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• That looks great Scout Mom, but I have Parkinson's and I can barely write my name, let alone a line on anything plan on wearing OUTSIDE the house.  See picture.

Back in the 1970's when polyester leisure suits were all the rage, I pulled a run in a pant leg.  I cut out a bit of the lining fabric, which was hearts of different sizes,.  I made an applique over the run, and got lots of compliments.  Oh the days of polyester pant suits, brings back "Saturday Night Live" Cheeseburger, Cheeseburger very well.  I may ask a more steady hand to do what you did above, or just make the spots into flowers.  Thanks.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• sorry off topic but they have bleach pens!~!! thats awesome sorry i wasnt much help heres a bump
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 8:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Yes, Clorox came out with a bleach pen a couple of years ago, I guess copying the Tide Instant Spot Remover in a lipstick looking case. I have seen people decorate dark children cheap keds. Also you see the great artwork by simply removing the color in a great pattern on the leaf denim skirt. My dd had way too many pair of black skinny jeans, size 0!!!!!!!!! so she went wild and made dots, flowers, roman key patterns, etc on them. Some she made into shorts as she lives on a small island in the Caribbean. Lucky girl. You can find the pen at Wally World.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Go for the sharpie if it's what you have, they come in all kinds of colors now days
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 11:29 PM on Jul. 28, 2011

• What about tie dyeing it but with bleach? Put knots in the fabric or wrap it with rubber bands and dip it in bleach. Looks cool on jeans...at least it used to in the 80's.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:20 PM on Jul. 29, 2011