Advice?

I would love for my husband to be able to go back and finish up college. It should only take him about a year and a half or so. He has pretty much maxed out his student loans and he makes about 34,000 per year give or take. We have a house payment and 2 car payments. I just don't see how it would be possible for him right now. I am staying at home right now with our 10 month old and don't want to put him in daycare. Any advice???

jacy3031

Asked by jacy3031 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Money & Work

• If you are interested in a work from home business, there is a great message board at WAHM.com - go in and poke around on the different forums for different companies. The people in there are great and love to answer questions and provide information.

I am an independent distributor with Mia Bella Gourmet candles and I love it. The income opportunities and compensation are incredible. If something like this interests you and you would like to find out more about my candle business, just visit my profile - questions? Ask away!
    Have a great night,
    Christi
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 11:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Well, If I were your husband, I would fill out the FAFSA form after I file my taxes. He might just be able to get some kind of Pell Grant or something he doesn't have to repay, without taking out anymore loans. I have some excellent ideas for home businesses that you can start yourself if you'd be interested in something like that. Go to www.squidoo.com/worksafelyathome.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Can you sell a car or both and get something without payments? What about the house--can you sell it and get something more affordable or rent until he is out of school? Check out Dave Ramsey's web site on managing your money to you can get debt free and then he can go back to school.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous she can't sell her house or her car right now!!! she'd wouldn't get anything near what their worth and might not even get enough to pay the loans off! People with homes and cars are pretty much stuck right now. I'd suggest getting a fafsa loan and having him take online or night classes you can't afford him to cut his working hours! Unless your willing to work nights while he works part time and make up for his loss in pay! Times are tough. Good luck!
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:20 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Does his employer have a tuition reimbursement program? Can he look into grants? My husband is just finishing up his master's and its was FREE due to a grant available in our state to people in his line of work. How about some additional part time work . . . either you or him? If the school thing is important to you/him, you'll find a way to make it work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• The best solution for that I see is start working from home. But just so you know it could take a little while until you get to make a lot of money. At the beginning you might make only$200-$300/month. But the more you will work the more you will make. I am trying to do the same for my husband:)
    Also you have to be careful when you choose something to work from home, there are a lot of scams out there. If you need help with that please let me know.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 2:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Are you crazy anonmyous.If she would sell her house right now she would not get the total value of what the house is worth.Stop giving out stupid advice and about renting that is called making someone else rich thats stupid a house is an investment not renting.Your husband can ask for a forbearance.Anonmyous you are not a finicial advisor .I have one and the first thing he would tell me is not to sell.Please educate yourself first and on how the economy is horrible.
    Anonymous

• My name is Fran, I work with a bed and bath company as a independent distributor. I host bed and bath parties. I only host parties on Saturday's and make great money. Working with The Bed and Bath Collection.com is an exciting and fun way to make a very good living. Your job as an independent distributor will be to host home parties and encourage your family, friends, and customers to host parties too. You will earn 10% commission on every item you sell, and 5% commission from every party that someone host for you. You don't have to stock any inventory, The company will drop ship orders directly to your customers. As an incentive this company gives away All-Inclusive Round Trip Packages to their independent distributor's. This is truly a great company to work with. For more info go to www.thebedandbathcollection.com and click on Become a Bed and Bath Ensembles Distributor and Earn Extra Money.
    Franniegirl

Answer by Franniegirl at 5:38 PM on Dec. 18, 2008