19 month old suddenly having screaming fits every evening unless mommy holds him. Please help

My baby is 19 months old. He has recently in the past two weeks started with a seperation anxiety from me. From the moment I pick him up from day care he is clinging. In the carseat on the way home he cries cause I am not holding him. I have to hold him while cooking dinner, etc. He doesnt want to play with his sibling. This goes one each evening for a few hours. I have tried not picking him up and he continues to cling and scream. He is usually worn out and better by 7 or so when his father his home. What should I do. Is this odd?

qtldybug5807

Asked by qtldybug5807 at 8:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• do you think he aint getting naps i know when my boys are tired they do that...they are 17moths.
    or not getting att. at daycare
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• maybe hes not getting enough attention at daycare,..that seems why hed do that,..or mayb its just a phase?
    amysmomma505

Answer by amysmomma505 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Did he just start daycare or has he been going?? Maybe you should check and see if something's going on there...don't want to scare you but kids will let you know if something's wrong....
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 9:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my daughter went threw kinda of the same thing but she did not go to day care the only thing i can tell you is you have to wait it out. I know it sucks but it should be over with in a couple weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2008