Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

So i decided to go ahead and put my son on his father's VApension now what?

the guy raped me 7 years ago and came to me recently and asked to put my son on his pension so that my son will get a check every month...child support in a way. i know that they will ask for dna test since the father's name is nt on the birth certificate. i tried to google info and didnt find anything that pertained to my situation, they just had info on adding newborns not older children. the guy gave the form to fill out and we are going to the VA later this week, i just want to know what to expect. im feeling frustrated right now so any advice as to what to google for or if you or your spouse had to add kids to his/yours pension..

i been thinking about whether to go through this or not for a couple of weeks, not an easy choice cause of what he did to me. he called today and said its not about me its about making sure our son is provided for and gets every advantage possible.


Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • What you can expect is a lot of leg work on your part so make sure you keep your records organized of every phone number; email address and person's you encounter.  At times what seems simple it’s more complicated than you think especially in dealing the government benefits.  

    You might to ask your question here as well.  GL


    Answer by musicmom08 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

  • So he was only in prison for 7 years for rape?

    Answer by meooma at 7:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

  • First I gotta tell ya , Your one brave and strong person. It sounds like you might have known him in some way or another. The people at the VA know how to do all of this paper work. You just answer their questions. Be honest, it's his wrong not yours. He is taking a big leap, this is as good as an admittance to his crime. Statue of Limitations has run out for him to be prosecuted. If at a later date you get really angry and need to do something that makes you feel better you can take him to court with your VA papers (HIS ADMITTING) and sue him for back child support. This money comes from his paycheck everytime he gets paid and monthly you would get a check. Also his income Tax refund would be yours until he caught up. The pension money is only your sons after the man is deceased, unless he goes to college, and then it can be borrowed from. Usually if you get Divorced they split a pension and the wife gets a portion.

    Answer by dnanner at 7:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2011