Why is finding Childcare/Daycare so hard!?

I am so frustrated with the daycare options in my neighberhood/area.

Why isn't there a place I can take my kids that's safe, really and truely afforable, and not full of rude "I-know-more-than-you" biotches!?

Grrr....*end rant*

willngingersmom

Asked by willngingersmom at 7:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• in a perfect world. yes...look around maybe there is someone that can take care of them in their home.the best way to find a really good daycare option is to talk to other mothers.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I have found a license to care for children means nothing when it comes to how your child is being treated. I have seen many licensed daycares that were jokes and the women mean or lazy. sometimes just the old retired neighbor lady is just as good or the sahm who needs just few extra bucks a week.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 7:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• have you gotten a listing of licensed providers from your local child care resource and referral agency? www.childcareaware.org
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Not all daycare's out there are right for you and your child. some are christian, some don't even have nap time. I would interview and tour their facility before i EVER made a decision
    Wanabmommy

Answer by Wanabmommy at 12:57 PM on Jun. 20, 2011