Dunno What To Do

I GET A CALL TODAY FROM NANA'S TEACHER. FOUND OUT SHE IS BEING MEAN IN CLASS N PUSHING SOMEONE JUST CUS THE GIRL WAS IN HER WAY.. AND SHE BEEN ACTING UP ON THE BUS..SHE IS a REALLY SWEET kid.. IM NOT SURE WHY SHE IS DOING THIS BU ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF IS THAT WE MOVED AND SHE ISNT COMFORTABLE WITH THIS... THE TIME FITS BEHAVIOR AND WHEN WE MOVED.. I OF COURSE TALKED TO HER AND TOLD HER IN A GENTLE TONE WE DONT DO THAT.. ITS NOT NICE TO PUSH PEOPLE.. THAT WE ARE SUPPOSE TO USE OUR MANNERS AND SAY EXCUSE ME IF SOMEONE GETS IN THE WAY AND IF SHE DOESNT LISTEN SAYS EXCUSE ME AGAIN AND THEN IF THAT DOESNT WORK TELL THE TEACHER.. BECAUSE PUSHING ISNT RIGHT... I WOULDNT EVEN BEGIN ON WHERE SHE GETTING THIS BEHAVIOR. AND SOME REASON SHE ACTING UP ON THE BUS AND PROB WILL GET WEEK SUSPENDED OFF THE BUS I DUNNO.. WISH I KNEW WHAT TO DO.. more family time i dunno.. HELP!!

fun2be_09

Asked by fun2be_09 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• wow. thats serious. sit down and have an adult conversation (as adult as a __ year old understands) no yelling but keep a stern voice. tell her that if this keeps going on that you are going to take (something she loves ex. toy, phone, computer priviledges etc...) away from her and after that being grounded. if she doesnt respond to that have her talk to a counselor or psychologist.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• when my oldest was in grade school we moved and he changed buses. just getting him on the bus was a challenge. could not figure out why he was always crabby etc. i started noticing he never brought stuff home from school anymore etc. then one day we were in the car and he told me about a kid that sat behind him that would take his backpack go through it and tell him his work was crappy and i would hate it and he would hold his head down and make him almost miss his stop etc. i called the bus company and found out there were regular problems with this child. the bullying stopped and my son went back to normal. is it just this one girl she is pushing at school? is is a new schol also?
    orbitlynn

Answer by orbitlynn at 8:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• The move may very well have something to do with her behavior. Children often act out when they are stressed. If this continues (and I would keep in contact with your daughters teacher weekly) I would suggest getting counseling before this problem gets worse. Good luck~
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I just went through the same situation... I found some great info on a site that helped me understand the aspects of childhood agression and they have great tips and remedies for school age violence.... here is a link I highly recommend this site to anyone.. Good luck.
    http://www.dictionaryfordads.com/understandingaggresion.htm
    CorinneBeirne

Answer by CorinneBeirne at 12:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2008