What do I do???? HELP!

I just rescued two dogs from the pound. One was spayed and the other nuetered. I got them home and they started mating....and now they are stuck together. Are they going to be okay...they just had surgery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pets

• yikes they should...get the water hose. it should relize them. i would sue if they get preg
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 8:55 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• that happen with my two dogs a while ago.. the doc said something about putting sugar down there
    fun2be_09

Answer by fun2be_09 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i wouldnt put sugar there. they have stiches and he would lick it. plus if they cant get it all off ants
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• ice, try ice. i know it sounds painful but the exact thing happened to my mom with two rescued dogs. good luck.
    Anonymous

• yes they will be fine, i had this happen to my dog... they just need to "cool off" and then they will separate, maybe keep them apart, so this doesnt happen, the stitches are in good, but you dont want to risk the pulling
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 9:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• It's normal when dogs have sex for them to get stuck together. Don't put anything (ice or sugar) down there. It should fix itself within 30 minutes.
    NewMum2007

Answer by NewMum2007 at 1:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Crap, just realized this was from yesterday, but the best thing to do in this situation is to just let them be until they untie (about 1/2 hour), then inspect for any damage. They should be fine...

Are they fine?
    Nunyabiznes

Answer by Nunyabiznes at 8:53 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• They should be fine. DON"T try to get them apart once they are stuck together! If you try to get them apart once together, damage can be done. It can cause the female to tear inside, it can cause some serious injuries. There is nothing that you can do to get them apart safely, just wait until they pull apart on their own.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 6:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2008