can you bleed during pregnancy and not miscarry

I am 13 weeks Pregnant and on Sat Dec 6th I woke up cause i was bleeding it was not spotting, it was kinda heavy and it stopped by the time i got to the er they checked everything and it was all fine. i did it again the same day a couple hours later then it quit until Weds morning same thing bleed in the toilet and that was it no more until later that night. had gone to the Dr earlier that day and everything was fine again. haven't bleed since. i can't help but worry but it's not a constant flow and the baby seems to be fine.

momtobre

Asked by momtobre at 8:58 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Gee, that's weird. I think it's weird they aren't taking it more seriously, even if the baby seems fine! You should definitely take it easy and not be lifting stuff.
    To answer your Q: yes, I know people who have had bleeds and been fine... but the docs figured out what the bleed was all about and they were told to take it easy, or in the case of my SIL, had a hospital stay to be monitored.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:05 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• when i was 8 wks pregnant with DD i bled horribly so i went to the er. they said they couldnt find where i was bleeding from and that i should just take it easy just in case they missed something.
    katelynsmom22

Answer by katelynsmom22 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I started bleeding at about 8 weeks and bled on solidly for 2 weeks. I proceeded to bleed on and off through out my entire pregnancy. Anytime my DH and I were intimate, I would start to bleed. Not light bleeding, but heavy clotting blood. At first I was told I was miscarrying and there was nothing that could be done. I went in and had my blood drawn and levels checked every 2 days for a week. I was still pregnant. Heartbeat was solid. 20 week u/s was perfect. The determination was I had a "fried" or sensitive cervix. If I did anything that would move it or bump it, I would start to bleed. I was a nervous wreck for the first 4 months of my pregnancy. But I have a happy healthy almost 2 year old now. :) Best of luck and feel free to pm me any time if you want to talk.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 10:32 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• With my first son I started bleeding at 4 months. It lasted one full day. It was really heavy. But everything was just fine. I would have them do a sonogram just to be safe though.
    01buckler15

Answer by 01buckler15 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I've known people that have bled through there whole pregnancy.
    It happens but ofcourse, Talk to your doctor.
    No affence but, duh.
    BayB

Answer by BayB at 11:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Make sure your placenta is ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2008