How can I have my son practice his hand writing,.

His writing is still so messy, and the embarrssing part is that he is 13yrs old.he wont sit and practice his writing for his life. help please need advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• have him write letters to family or friends.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• ok, so my son is only 7, but I have him practicing his handwriting over the summer. I bought a notebook at Walmart that has marking spaces for each letter. He has to take the time to write each letter neatly in the space provided. I also added school work as a chore over the summer and by doing his chores, he is earning video game time for doing his chores :) Hope this helps.
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 8:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• lol, I should have read back what I wrote before posting! Oh well....
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 8:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• I'm hoping that my 7-year-old will get better handwriting by playing his Nintendo DS and using the stylus. I would think that the skill is the same for both.

You might want to ask the OT at his school for suggestions.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• My son is almost 15 and his writing is horrible!!! He rushes so the writing is sloppy. He will never have perfect writing, so all I am asking for is legible. His tutors are threatening him with Kindergarten penmanship worksheets if he doesn't slow down.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Not to tease your son but I am 47 YO and my writing is still horrible!!!! I have tried writing slow,planned Bible studies for church,copied pages from a book,I should have been a MD. No matter how slow I write when I am done I cant read my own writing. I have taken to printing everything
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 3:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2011