I need ideas on things to do with my son

i am a single parent that when I'm not working I'm cleaning mowing doing house stuff! But I gave a 9 yr old little boy who like all wants to always do stuff! I'm always telling hi
I can't right now but I want us to be close. I need ideas of things others do please help!!!!

ssc02

Asked by ssc02 at 8:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• How about some time before bed, with the tv off, just sit on the bed and talk about your day; discuss his friends, school, or anything that pops into your heads. My kids love this. For a long time my older boy would come in for a chat when I went off to bed, and we'd just talk for about 20 minutes or so. He stopped doing it, but then my daughter started coming in. Now my 7 yr old and 16 yr old both have "night time chat time", one on one with me. They're never too old or too young for this, and it can be at your bedtime or his, whichever is earlier. It's not really "doing stuff together" but it will make you close.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• he is 9 he can work beside you and with you....but here is one thing I did do with my kids as a single parent...every night they would get in bed and wait ....because I would come sit by their bed and give them undivided attention where they are in the spotlight and I am all ears. It also helped me unwind and feel better about my day and being a single parent. and if I feel good they see it and they feel good.
    on weekends we would clip coupons and make a list together of who wanted what and then they would help get the coupon items and then at the checkout they would bag up the food. the best thing to do is make everything about team work and making sure they have that special time once a day. oh and when they talk right before bed you find out more then versus any other time of the day.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• What about setting a certain time of day aside that is time with him? Everything has to wait and you just spend time with him. Let him choose an activity such as a movie, or park or give him a few choices that he can pick. This way he knows when it's coming and can look forward to it. And I know you will too :)
    Sarahbeth7

Answer by Sarahbeth7 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• read with him, fly a kite, play ball with him? SIgn him up for sports and go to his games?
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 12:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2011

• anything you do, include him in it so he feels like he is an important part of your life, and your partner in crime so to speak
    Wanabmommy

Answer by Wanabmommy at 12:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2011