Im 5 weeks pregnant and having terrible diarrhea, is this normal? Is there anything i can do to relieve it?

Loobieloo

Asked by Loobieloo at 9:14 PM on Dec. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't know but, bump

MathMom28

Answer by MathMom28 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I had this when i was prego. just be glad it's not constipation! lol
    Anonymous

• Hormonal changes can cause diarrhea. I had it in early pregnancy too. Just make sure you don't get dehydrated. Give your doctor a call if it lasts for too long. It usually just eventually goes away. Good luck........it sucks, I know.

Jynnifer292

Answer by Jynnifer292 at 9:29 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• Try watching what you eat like not alot of greasy food, but other than that when you feel it coming on, eat some marshmellows. I don't know why, but any greasy food really bothered me when i was pregnant the first time. But i've been told that marshmellows help absorb whatever is upsetting your stomach and giving your diaherrea. Don't know if it works, i was told this after having my daughter. Good luck.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:51 PM on Dec. 11, 2008

• i have to agree with ano... you really should lucky that you are able to go... i was suffering of constipations for weeks, even months. it was terrible. the pain was awful.

you are pregnant, so u need vitamins. try to lower the fruits and veggies u eat, but still have a decent amount every day. eat some dry bread. dont eat anything with too much sugar. BUT take 1-2 sips of coke every hour (sounds weird, but helps a lot of people!!!)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:43 PM on Dec. 25, 2008