Allergic reaction rash on my dd how can i help her!?

my DD is 2 years old im trying to potty train her but she always has accidents so i keep her diaper on so the other day she had just a little rash on her so i had to go buy some more rash cream so i went and bought the offbrand at wal-mart i put it on her and then yesterday morning i was going to change her diaper and there were pimple like blisters on her thighs and her private just the spots where i put the ointment ive been letting her run around naked and put her in a cold oatmeal bath....im taking her to the dr tommorow...my dd has sensitive skin to like wipes and certain diapers but she has never had a problem w/ rash cream.... but i have never used the offbrand b4 on her.....it just seems to be getting worse and its only been a day since she has had it....it is itching her and causing pain....i just dont know how i can help her any ideas on how i can make her comfy until we go to the dr?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Paw Paw cream is great for this if you can find it!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• BUMP!
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Ask the doctor if it's OK to use a cortisone cream on the rash. I'm allergic to lanolin and can't use some diaper rash ointments or baby wipes because I get a rash from the lanolin in them.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• Are you sure it's a reaction to the cream? It sounds kind of like a yeast infection and diaper cream alone won't do anything for that. You should call her doc to get their opinion, but if it's possibly a yeast infection ask about using an over-the-counter anti-fungal cream (like lotrimin - the stuff used for athletes foot). If it's definitely an allergic reaction, ask about a cortisol cream (I know a boy just under 2 who used it for ant bites) or even benedryl. Good luck!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2011

• thanks guys! I will definately ask about that!!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2011